Monday, October 10, 2011

see josh.

see josh swim.

see josh cycle.

see josh run.

see josh cross the finish line!


on september 25th, josh competed in a triathlon (his first one in over 17 years!). it was fun for us (the boys, my sis- kelly, and i) to go and watch him....and cheer him on.

about five months ago, josh bought a road bike, started donning (way too much) spandex, and began training for triathlons. many of josh's friends from church meet to cycle, swim, and/or run each week....and they all like to enter various competitions. josh has really been enjoying the training...and it gives him something to do for "fun."









we were all so proud of josh! he did a great job! he's competing again in the "turkey tri"...on 11/27/11...so he is training hard to beat his time from the sept. race!

*many of my friends run and compete as well...and my close friend, joanna, kept urging me to sign up for the turkey tri relay (where you make up a team of three and each person completes one leg of the triathlon). now, if you know me- you know that i haven't exercised since the 90's (except for a short stint back in '09)...so every time she'd say this to me- i'd laugh. real hard. well....she gave me some suggestions of friends to ask...and she kept prodding me (she sure is pushy :)!)...until...finally....i relented. turns out that kristi (yes, thats me) is signed up for the turkey tri! now i have about 7 weeks to train for a 4.5 mile run. should be real interesting!*

No comments:

Post a Comment