Tuesday, November 30, 2010

greek goodness!

  • I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!! We ALL have SO much to be thankful for!!

  • I can't believe it has been nearly TWO weeks since I've posted!

  • So....
  • for the past few months, I've been on a big "Mediterranean" food kick. I am all about a good kabob, some hummus, pita, and rice! Josh and I have tried out at least five different places since October! It's kind of nice that we have lots of choices near to us!
Over the weekend, I thought to myself....'You could totally make your own hummus!'

I found some recipes online and bought the necessary items. I also bought some yummy pita...and last night, I tested out some hummus on my Bible study gals! They seemed to really like it! Here's the recipe I used....

απολαύσετε!
(that means "enjoy!" in greek!)
  • 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cloves garlic, halved
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pinch paprika
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley

  • Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.

1 comment: