Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Late Father's Day Tribute....


















Oh my goodness! We have been super busy and it seems like I have had NO time to stop and write. I didn't even wish all of those special daddies a Happy Father's Day! Well, I just wanted to tell you all why I feel that I have the best dad and the most amazing husband....

My dad (George) is super smart and would do anything for me! I have never doubted his love for me or for my boys! He is very selfless, very giving, supportive, and intelligent. He is the handiest man I know and he can repair, build, and create anything. He has taught me so much over the years. Lately, I have been thinking about how my dad is a math genius....and how I SO did not get that "math gene!" I am sure my lack of smarts in that department is a frustration for my dad, but he has never made me feel badly about that. In fact, I had to take Algebra 2 so many times that I lost track. My grandpa (who passed away in Jan. of 03) was a genius also. He tried to tutor me as well. Both my dad and grandpa were always very patient with me. Sometimes.....maybe a little too patient?? I remember getting so frustrated because it would take them an hour to try to explain one concept. I must have "checked out"....but still, they kept on (trying to teach the dummy!). Well, back to my wonderful dad.....At one point, I enrolled in Algebra at a local junior college. My dad signed up for the class with me, and thought that if we did the work together....maybe I could grasp the material. That would have been about the third or fourth time I had taken the class? Let me just say that I did not pass it that time around, and my dad got the highest grade in the class (an A+)!!! All this is to say that my dad would do whatever he could to help me and support me. He took all that time out of his busy schedule, to help me! He still would and he still does. I don't think I ever properly thanked my dad for doing that for me.


Thank you, dad.....for everything you have done for me. Thank you for raising me to know the Lord, and thank you for your unconditional love. Thank you for being such a hard worker and for teaching me a strong work ethic. Thank you for being a moral man and for loving mom. Thank for your taking your role as father seriously. Thank you for teaching me, even when you didn't realize you were....I love you....
Love, Kristi Lynn




On to my fabulous husband.......
Where do I begin?? Josh is so incredible and I am beyond blessed to be sharing this life with him. Anyone who knows Josh knows that he is witty and has a dry sense of humor. Anyone who knows Josh knows that he is very generous and has a sensitive heart. Anyone who knows Josh knows that he is an amazing dad to his boys....and that he is child-like himself! Josh is a hard worker and he is very ambitious. He is giving, he has a gentle spirit, and he loves his family more than life itself. He is helpful around the house, and he is incredibly handy and extremely intelligent. Josh can fix anything, and he is a Mac whiz! While spelling and grammar are not his forte, photography is. He is so talented and he captures our most amazing moments on camera. Josh is one in a million....and I am the "luckiest" girl alive!

Hon- I love you so much! You are the best dad a boy (or two) could have, and the most perfect husband a girl could ask for! You are such an incredible example for our boys. Thank you for lovingly disciplining them, and for raising them to be godly men. Our world lacks strong men these days. Thank you for loving us and for always putting us first. Thank you for sacrificing for us, and for working so hard to provide for our family. Thank you for giving us way more than we could ever need or want. Thank for your loving me- even when I am hard to love. Thank you for making late night runs for my frozen yogurt. Thank you for rubbing my feet almost every night! Thank you for fulfilling every dream I have ever had. Thank you for being a leader in our house, and for praying for me and the boys. Thank you for being 100% committed to me, and for your unconditional love...even on those "not so easy" days. I wouldn't want to share this life with anyone else. You and I were created to be together, and I am amazed at how the Lord has blessed us. He is SO good! I pray that He will continue to bless us. I love you. More than you could ever know. More than I tell you. More than I show you. More every day....
Love, Krix

**You both are my most favorite men! I am SO very blessed!! I thank God for you and I praise Him for ordaining our relationships....before I was ever born. Jeremiah 29:11 says...."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." In Psalm 139, the Lord says that...."All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Well, Father knows best, doesn't He?? He gave me the most incredible men and I cannot thank Him enough. I am so thankful for His plans and His promises....and I am so thankful for YOU!**

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Babe, I feel humbled that you would write such nice things about me. Your dad did leave some big shoes to fill as the man in your life. I hope I can have the same impact on you and my boys as he has.

    Being married to you is easy, being away is hard.

    I love you!

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete