Saturday, August 28, 2010

here's the thing...

there's SO much to blog about and SO little time.

i still have lots of pics from zion to share with you....
but i've realized that you probably don't need the play by play of our trip.
i still want to share with you the amazing photos that josh took...
because most of the ones posted so far are mine.

anyhow....the end of summer has been fun-filled...busy...chaotic....yada yada yada.

this past week was our last week of summer (sob).
i'll be honest....
it's bittersweet.
summer is my favorite season (for many reasons....sleeping in, beach days, etc)....
and at the same time, i've let myself become extremely lackadaisical...
so, while i'm sad that our summer days are no longer....
i'm also looking forward to the schedules and routines that a new school year bring.

anyhow....lots has been going on at the menashe home.
some i'll share on here...and some i'd rather not.
let me just say that we've been having lots of fun around here! the boys are such a joy and even though they drive me nuts at times (usually by 6pm, i'm totally exhausted)....i have enjoyed these past few months with them.

at the same time....i've felt that the enemy is trying to attack me spiritually.
he knows my weaknesses (fear, worry) and he likes to prey on those.
in the past....i've let him "win." a year ago, however...i attended our women's retreat and i nailed (literally) my fear and worry to the cross. oh, there have been many days that i've wanted to grab it back from God. my mind will start to go crazy and i feel like the enemy has a field day up in my head!

from that weekend on, though- i've fought to have the upper hand on the devil. i read and meditate on the verses tell me i was not given "a spirit of fear"....and "perfect love casts out all fear." one of my favorite verses says...."do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow has enough worries of its own."

the Lord has been SO good to me. each time i start to freak out over something....He's right there to remind me of a truth from His Word. God is good...and i'm not letting satan win any more.

okay....with all that said- please stay tuned. i have tons of pictures to share with you!!

(i realize that the last part of this post is very vague, and i may share more soon.
first, though- i'd make this a private blog.)


No comments:

Post a Comment