Friday, August 13, 2010

july in (photo) review

july was a busy month for me. like "barely time to breathe" kind of busy. i'm just thinking back on it, and it gives me a head ache. well, that and the fact that i'm a tad under the weather. okay...moving on.....
since it would take WAY too long to tell you about our busy month, i've decided to just post pics of what we were up to. i am sure you'll be thrilled to death.



i took the boys to a new dentist! they had their teeth cleaned and i was informed of all the work they need done....("cha ching"...that's what the dentist will hear when we leave the office, after having completed it all!)
...at least they have fun toys/video games to keep the boys occupied while waiting!
i got to enjoy a spa day on the 3rd! my friends, theresa and jacky, and i went to burke williams...to celebrate my birthday a bit early! (no bathing suit photos here!)

on the fourth, we spent the day at my sis' pool! she worked with hudson, and helped him to become a bit more confident in the water (this was prior to his swim lessons).
that night, we BBQ'd and had a low key time together!!
the kids had fun eating together!
my birthday was on the 5th. i didn't take any pics...but it was one of my best birthdays yet!! i got to hang out out at my mom's pool....with the boys. then, josh came and took the boys so that my mom and i could lay out. aaahhh.....heaven. that night, my parents, kel, justin, josh, and i went to the melting pot. YUM.

we celebrated h's bday a little late (the day after mine)...by taking him to legoland. that was part of my parents' gift to him! our day at legoland was super fun...and long, and cold....and rainy! ha!

the kids had fun building cars and then racing them down the tracks!
josh and the boys were brave enough to go on a "water ride" when it was freezing and sprinkling out!
....we wore shorts (um, because it was july!!!)...but thankfully, we had sweatshirts and could try to bundle up a bit!
bryson and peytie
he looks pretty happy for someone who's getting eaten by a shark!
fun as a family.... :)
this is serious business (or so it looks)...
love this munchkin!! and i love this smile!!
two strong men!

precious peyters
had to have some hot chocolate!! yum!
mimi and peytie!
waiting to get on a ride...
he felt SO grown up!!....driving all by himself!

on the 9th-10th, i got to go and see beth moore...with some of my awesome friends! beth spoke at mariner's, in irvine....so we spent the night down there. we went to dinner that friday night, went to hear God speak through beth, got some fro-yo (i fell, which was really cool...not), went back to the hotel and sat in the jacuzzi for a while. we met some guys, who were boozin' it up...and had some interesting theological discussions with them. the next morning, we went back for the second half of the conference. after that, we stopped at pei wei...before coming home again! it was an awesome time with friends!! and God TOTALLY used beth to speak some words to me!!

chanel, leah, wendi, desiree, and joanna (i was taking the pic)
the cutest, little bible teacher...ever!! beth moore!!

this is random, i know....but in july, i got really hooked on these amazing carnitas street tacos, from tacos del rio. they are tiny....and oh-so-delicious!! when i get hooked on a certain food, i tend to eat it daily. it's the ocd in me. if you're ever near hamner/schleisman, in mira loma....stop on by and enjoy yourself some authentic mexican food! you won't be disappointed.

on july 15th, my mom turned the big 6-0!! we celebrated a few days later....with a WONDERFUL day at glen ivy (thanks, dad!!) and an incredible dinner at ruth's chris (thanks, dad!!!)

justin and kel (in back row)
josh, kristi, barb, and george
love my cute parents!! (FYI...their 38th anniversary was 7/1)
my heavenly dessert.....
creme brulee....
the celebration for my mom was on the 17th and the following day, i hosted a baby shower for my lovely friend, rebekah! she and her hubby recently adopted a precious baby girl!!! the pics of the shower were taken on josh's camera....so i can't post any on here right now! :(

right after the shower, we headed to my parents' house...because my grandma was in town, along with my aunt and cousin. my grandma, violet, is my dad's mom. she is suffering from alzheimer's....but she is so sweet and cheerful...and she's so complimentary. it was great to see her and spend some time with her. plus- i never get tired of hearing "you're a keeper"....even if she did say it 50x! she loves hugs and she still remembers me, which is a total blessing!

this is a pic of my grandpa (he's in heaven now)...from his younger days. the pic is up in my parents' house and my grandma kept pointing at it and saying, "he sure is good looking! he's a good man!" she sure is right....he was an awesome grandpa and he was so handsome!! she knows he's no longer living, and she misses him...as we all do.
i had to take a pic with my special gram! she's living up north (with my aunt) and i don't see her very often.

the following weekend (23-25) was spent in palm springs. i totally forgot my camera! i was so bummed!! my mom, sis, and i "escaped" the hubbies and kids...and spent a quiet weekend together. our friends lent us their condo (thanks, ryan and erin!) and it was the perfect retreat!! we hung out in the pool, shopped, got manicures, ate a ton, played around with my makeup, did a 500 piece puzzle, and watched movies. we are hoping to make it a yearly getaway!

josh's birthday was on the 28th! we spent that night packing for our zion trip. he and i did get a date night on the 27th, though. we went to dinner and to a movie...and it was sooo nice to have that alone time (esp. right before a week where the four of us were packed into a 26-ft. trailer!).


so.....wow! if you're reading this, you made it through my really exciting photos of july. as you can see...it was busy! and....as you can see.....i wore the same top- a lot! as you can see- i ate a bunch (post about my new diet coming soon). as you can see, i really seem to like the words..."awesome"..."incredible"...and "delicious." i need to go and consult my thesaurus now.

have a super weekend, and i am hoping that before 2010 is over...i can post pics of our incredibly awesome (ha ha) family vacation!!

1 comment:

  1. Um wow! I guess you were busy! I can't wait to see the pictures of Zion.

    ReplyDelete