Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Burdened & Praying (To a GOD Who Is GOOD....All The Time!)

As I write, I hold back tears. I pray and pray.

So many....going through so much.

There's Joanne (www.thesimplewife.typepad.com) who suffered a stroke yesterday, had a blood clot in her brain, had brain surgery...and now lays in a hospital bed and faces a long recovery ahead.

There's Daisy (www.prayfordaisy.com) who's battling cancer and sick today...throwing up and feeling weak.

There's Edie (www.lifeingraceblog.com) whose house and everything in it burnt to the ground a few days before Christmas.

There's Brielle (www.briellemurray.com) who has yet another tumor, and another battle to fight.

....And there are so many more....personal friends of mine....facing other types of battles- failed marriages, losing homes, sick kids, broken bones, financial difficulties...and the list goes on.

We cry out. We pray. And sometimes, we ask "Why??? Why God, do You allow such tragedy, such heartbreak?"

And God says.....

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
(Isaiah 55:8-9)

And God says....

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
(Jeremiah 29:11)

And God says....

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)

And God says....

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
(Joshua 1:9)

.....And God says SO much more than just these few verses. The thing is- nowhere in Scripture does it say we will not have suffering. In fact, the Bible says that we will have suffering. But... God's Word promises us that:

He will be with us.
He will never leave us.
We can call to Him.
He will hear.
He has a purpose in everything.

I beg of you...please pray today. Pray for those named on my blog today. Pray for those you know who are facing trials today. You can even pray for my friends, unnamed here today- but etched in my mind and heart.

The people listed on my blog today LOVE Jesus. They give Him all honor, glory, and praise. They continue to serve and seek- amidst trials and tragedy. These people humble me. My "problems" seem like nothing, in comparison. And...I know I shouldn't compare. The Lord has different roads for each of us. God is GOOD. All the time. Through heart ache, through tragedy. Through both joys and sorrows.

What hope do we have, if not Him???


3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic - inspirational post Kristi! I'm praying girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from vacation, this is the first time I've read your blog in a couple of weeks. Wow you've been going through a lot latley. Hang in there, you are are so strong (and so is your Faith). I will pray for your friends & YOU. Love yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU, Ladies!!! :) I really appreciate the encouragement!! :)

    ReplyDelete