Tuesday, January 4, 2011

revolutions

i don't know about you, but i almost hate to speak my resolutions out loud. i feel as though i am setting myself up for failure...because, let's face it, i rarely follow through with most of them. oh sure, i give myself some lofty goals (you know, the kind that seem really cool- but you know you'll never stick with them?)...and then some that seem more attainable....but even the more attainable ones can be hard for me to keep. well, in an effort to be held somewhat accountable (or at least feel as though i am), i want to share a few of mine here.

okay, before i do, i have to tell you something funny. my parents were joking with us the other day....asking us what our "new year's revolutions" are! i guess they have a friend who calls them "revolutions" instead of resolutions...and well, we all got a good laugh out of that!

so, here goes nothin'.....

*i want to read the whole bible this year (i am attempting the
chronological bible this year, as that's what my church body is reading together.)

*i want to write in my prayer journal everyday. 'nough said.

*i want to give more. giving doesn't necessarily mean "$money$!" i want to give more of my time and my resources, give more of myself....and yes, i do want to give more in a monetary sense, too.

*i want to lose the weight that i let myself gain in 2010. 'nough said about that one, too!

as i look at the list above, i see that the things i've listed are totally and completely do-able. with the Lord, that is!! when i try to live without Him, i will fail. i will not follow through. it's ONLY through Him that i can succeed. i pray that this year will be a revolutionary (pun intended) year for me. i pray for the Lord's help and guidance...in every area of my life. i surrender this year to Him.

Lord, revolutionize me. change me. mold me. make me into the woman You want me to be.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
-Phil. 4:13-

.....so, do tell.....what are your revolutions this year?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment