Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Poop Makes Me Puke"

**Watch the videos posted below for a GOOD laugh!**

Hudson has a VERY strong gag reflux! We discovered this about him at an early age, and had to be careful to watch him while he ate. He would choke easily, which would cause him to puke a bit. (Sorry if the word "puke" bothers you. I prefer it over throw up, vomit, and upchuck.) Anyhow, fast forward a year.....We began potty-training Hudson and discovered that if he sees poop in the toilet, he will gag and throw up! No, I am not joking! I had to plop him on the pot and distract him, so that he wouldn't look in the toilet and wind up puking all over himself, the bathroom floor, a rug, etc.. Around this same time, we found out that if Hudson sees anyone else's poop, he will gag and/or puke. We were with my sister one day and she began to change Peyton's diaper, when all of a sudden....Hudson started gagging repeatedly. I had to literally pull him away, to get him to stop gagging. (Of course, he's gagging and I am laughing so hard that I nearly pee my pants!) From that time on, we started to make sure that he just didn't see any poop at all. I had forgotten about his "issue"....until we were at the park with Leah and her boys a few weeks back. Hudson saw Lukie's poop, as Leah was changing his diaper and he nearly hurled! Leah and I were laughing so hard that I could hardly pull him away in time. But, alas, Hudson held it together and there was no puke. Leah told me how funny it would be to videotape Hudson, and from then on I have been looking for the perfect opportunity to set him up. Today was my lucky day! Peytie made a poop and Josh was home to grab the camera. You might think we are sick and twisted....disturbed even. I would say that you're probably right. (My mom thought we were cruel, as she saw us preparing for the taping. By the end of the ordeal, she was laughing harder than any of us!)

**The videos are in reverse order, so work your way up! And....please don't call CPS on me!**

4 comments:

  1. That is to funny! Poor Hudson, I hope he grows out of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... sick twisted... maybe that's why you were such a good kindergarten teacher. :) Poor kid, but feel worse for his future wife... he's laying groundwork ALREADY for never having to change a dirty diaper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously...I said that yesterday....that he will be the dad that never changes a diaper! I pity his wife, if that's the case! :0) I know...I hope he grows out of it, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! At least he's learning to turn away immediately! I prefer the words throw up over puke, but it's funny how we all have our words that we use! He will definitely not be changing any diapers unless something drastically changes!

    ReplyDelete