Monday, April 26, 2010

a fine feast.....

when i was growing up, there was a cracker barrel (in orange). i grew up eating grits (my dad got me hooked), and shopping in the cute, little store that was attached to the restaurant. my memories have faded over time, but i do remember going to cracker barrel with friends- after church on sundays.


fast forward to december of 2008.....bryson and i drove out to arizona, to stay with our good friends (the cran's). i "made" my friend, christy, take us to one in chandler, arizona. it was just as good as i had remembered, if not better. i vowed to return every time i traveled to arizona!

this past weekend, i got to fly to arizona- alone (hallelujah!!)- to visit christy, and to attend a simulcast for a new book of beth moore's. i have many pics to post and i have lots to tell you about, but i wanted to start by telling you about my friday morning feast!!

prior to leaving for my trip, i asked christy if we could go back to cracker barrel. she kept telling me yes, but i found some way to ask her and/or remind her that i wanted to go- every time we talked about my trip. two days before my trip, christy said the most wonderful thing to me on the phone....

christy: your flight gets in at 9:20, right?
me: yes....
christy: well, don't eat breakfast and we'll just go straight to cracker barrel- after i pick you up.
me: really?? (jumping up and down)....are you serious??
christy: of course!
me: thank you! are we going there because i mentioned it about 200 times??
christy: oh, was it only 200??

well, my lovely friend kept her word and straight to cracker barrel we went.

here's what i ate: grits, 3 pecan pancakes, turkey sausage, and scrambled eggs with cheese.
aahhh.....i imagine heaven will have feasts like that! and- i won't gain two pounds after each meal!

(see the little bottle of maple syrup? it was hot and soooo delicious!!)


one of my most favorite people....christy cran!

after we ate, we had fun meandering through the store. i bought the kids some little treats and i will post some pics of them soon!! the photos will cause you to take a trip down memory lane....

so, tell me.....did you grow up eating at cracker barrel?? is there one near you? wait, don't tell me if there is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment