Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Luke 12:48

"...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
-Luke 12:48


Last week, as I was making coffee, this verse came to mind. Many of us are not rich (by the world's standards), but we are definitely rich with the Lord's blessings. Each of us have roofs over our heads, food on the table each night, a vehicle to drive, clothing, and much more. Has He not entrusted us with MUCH?? I was convicted as I really thought about the meaning of this verse. I have been entrusted with a home, a husband, two children, family, friends, a neighborhood, a church, and much more. Am I doing all that He is asking of me? Am I listening to my Lord and trying to hear His voice? Am I fulfilling His plan in my life? Am I serving Him wholeheartedly? The answer is "no." I am not doing everything that I could be. I desire to grow more and more into Christ's likeness. I want to always reflect upon this verse....so that I can be mindful of ALL that the Lord has blessed me with...and entrusted me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment