Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Miracle in the Menashe Home

I am still in shock...
Tonight, Hudson's dresser fell over on him. Every single drawer fell out, everything fell off the top of the dresser...and he lay screaming on the floor. Josh got to his room before I did, and immediately picked him up to check out the damage done to him. I got to the room right after Josh did. I couldn't believe the sight before me. Clothes were strewn everywhere, coins from a jar littered the carpet, and the entire dresser was on it's side. Hudson has a pretty bad bruise on his left leg, but other than that....he is FINE. Hudson was fresh out of the shower, and apparently....he was reaching to the top drawer to get some undies. He must have climbed into/onto one of his drawers. He calmed down fairly quickly, and he told us what happened. He said, "I'm sorry, mom"....and that broke my heart. I honestly believe that I witnessed a miracle tonight. For something so heavy to fall onto my little boy, and not seriously injure him, is beyond what I can fathom. Hudson "should" have broken something. He "should" be in pain, and he "should" have more wounds. But- our God is GOOD and He totally protected our little dude. I am in awe, and I am so thankful for His hand of protection. I pray over my boys every night, and I believe that God showed me this evening just how He answers my prayers for protection. Wow. Praise the Lord. I was brought to my face in thanksgiving. This is a night that I will not soon forget, and I will continue to thank Jesus. I picture His hands holding the dresser up, so that my little boy was safe through it all. And....He does the same for us all the time....He holds us in the palm of His hand. He does not leave us. He protects us. He provides for us. It's funny, but Hudson's Bible verse for this week (at church) is Joshua 1:9...."The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I know the Lord is with us all the time, and I know that He watched over my little guy tonight...and was with him in that scary moment. He never left Hudson and He saved him from harm. What a good God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment