Thursday, December 17, 2009

We're Expecting......!!!

No, I am not expecting (in my tummy, anyway)! But...Josh and I are planning to fill out adoption paper work after the first of the year! I think we are both feeling excited and scared. My man is not one of many words, so it's hard to say what goes on in that head of his....but we are both "on the same page" and feel the Lord calling us to adopt. We are "one" in how and where, as well. This has been a long time coming and God is good! Anyhow, PLEASE keep us in your prayers (and save your adoption horror stories for someone else). We know the road will not be easy. We are prepared to face what the Lord brings our way. We are trusting in His plan. We are expecting Him to show up in a mighty way. So, I just have to share a funny little story, since we are on the subject of adoption...

I took the boys to run some errands the other night and as we were pulling out of the parking lot, Hudson said (in a silly voice), "Bryson....when you're a brand new baby, I will give you your paci!" Bryson then explained that he wouldn't be a baby....since he had been one and was now growing older. I said to both boys, "Maybe if we get a baby...you can give her a paci!" It was then that Bryson said to me, "Mom....you mean you really want to deal with THREE kids for the rest of your life?" Oh boy.....that kid is somethin' else!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kristi how exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete