Saturday, December 12, 2009

Part 2: Getting Into the Spirit

We're trying....we really are. I think the problem is that we're trying too hard. I have felt pretty darn crummy all week long....and now our little dude has some sort of stomach bug. He has been happy, but throwing up rather inconsistently today. But don't think we're letting these illnesses stop us from doing anything! Oh no...we're pushing through, going nonstop...and trying to squeeze too much in to one short weekend. I can't breathe, and everything sounds as if I am in some sort of tunnel....but lay low and recuperate? Nope. I mean, how silly would that be. And...one more quick thought...Josh wins "Husband/Father of the Year!" He worked all week and couldn't be much help, but from the moment he got home for the weekend....he has taken over and done EVERYTHING around here. He has cleaned up every puking incident and has catered to me, as well. He is at the store (as I write) getting me some Vicks VapoRub. A few friends told me to rub it all over my feet and then wear socks to bed (Have you ever tried this?). I will keep you posted and let you know if it works. It's supposed to help me be able to breathe tonight! Anyhow, thanks for reading about my woes and please enjoy some more "sub par" photos from our latest adventures!


We decided to take a drive to the Alta Loma Christmas Lights tonight! We invited my parents to come along. We figured....it's raining....it's pouring...it's a perfect night for a drive! Okay...I am being a bit dramatic! The rain let up here and there and it didn't take too long to drive out there. I had heard about the amazing lights in this upscale neighborhood...and let me say that we were all in awe! These pictures don't do the lights justice!! You should definitely make time to take a trip out to Alta Loma. Some of the home owners were outside selling churros and hot cocoa....so we just had to indulge.....(P.S. Hudson got to enjoy the hot cocoa twice....once going in and once coming up!)

Surfin' Santa!

Their electric bill for December must be insane!
We had to take a pic of the dino for Hudson!

After viewing the amazing lights, we headed on over to Richie's Diner for some dinner! Hudson threw up before we ever made it to the table, I went through about 20 Kleenexes, and the boys played "musical chairs" throughout the whole meal! Everyone was happy, though...and we enjoyed a yummy meal!
The Little Puke Monster and his Papa....
I look about as great as I feel. Love B's smile, though!


And....as if we weren't stupid enough, we decided to take the kids to Bass Pro Shops after dinner. I mean, Josh had promised Bryson we could go. We weren't there for too long, but the boys did get to enjoy some free games and they had their pic taken with Santa.

Bryson wanted to warm up by the fire....
My wonderful mom and dad....
...a racing game.....
....some real Redneck fun!
Santa and the kiddos!
Shootin' is serious business, y'all.....
You better watch out! This kid has pretty good aim!

All in all, it was a very fun evening together!! It wasn't the smartest idea to keep Hudson out. He was so happy and sweet, though....even on the way home when he hurled again....all over the car seat, the car door, and himself. Despite our mishaps, we laughed. It's either that or cry, right? Hudson is now sleeping peacefully and the hubby made it home with the Vicks. He also got me some Mucinex (which makes me think of the commercials with the little mucus-y, germ-y guys!), and some soft....lotion-y Kleenexes. I had better end this post. The other night, a friend told me that I seemed "disconnected." Ha ha....I don't just seem it, I am!

Merry Christmas, my friends! In all seriousness, we could use your prayers. I do see that our problems are nothing, compared to what many others are dealing with. It would, however, be nice to breathe without keeping my mouth open...and it would be super-duper to have a healthy kid.



2 comments:

  1. So if Santa gets the stomache flu we know who gave it to him!!! LOL!!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon. We are all fighting soar throats and the sniffles! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Santa! I know....I said to Josh...."Do you think it's okay to send him up there by Santa?" And...Josh said, "If Santa hasn't gotten it by now, he's probably fine!" Hudson was fine after that night. So weird...but we are just thankful that no one else got what he had!!

    ReplyDelete