Friday, January 29, 2010

A Breath Of Fresh Encouragement

Crest Extra White Plus Scope Outlast Toothpaste — Long Lasting Mint
On a pretty shallow note, I must tell you about the new toothpaste that I purchased. Recently, the toothpaste I had been using was discontinued! Doesn't that stink? I am not a big fan of change, and with stuff like that...it's hard to find one that you LOVE. (I have the same problem with mascara, but that's a whole 'nother post!) So, anyhow...I was forced to pick out a new toothpaste. I went to Tar-jay...."scoped" out some choices (pun intended).....and settled upon the one pictured above. Well, (drumroll, please) I just have to give a little shout out to Crest: Scope Outlast! I am in love with this stuff. I have never felt this way about any other toothpaste in my life. I am not kidding. You know how certain ones tell you that your "fresh breath will last for hours?" This toothpaste leaves your mouth feeling minty fresh for at least an hour or two after brushing! Of course, if you eat something...the freshness won't last!

Now, on a "deeper" note.....I think about how I want the things that come out of my mouth to be a "breath of fresh air." I want to use my voice, my words, my lips, my tongue....in a way that will leave others feeling refreshed. A while back, I told you about a ring that I bought. I haven't taken it off since the day I bought it. I shower with it on, sleep with it on, and wear it constantly....so that God's Word is a part of me. On the ring, Psalm 19:14 is inscribed.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I fail miserably each day. I say hurtful things, or I sometimes say things out of anger and frustration. I don't always think before I speak. My heart isn't always loving. I am a sinner in need of forgiveness. But- what I do have is a constant desire to grow and to use my mouth as a vessel for the kingdom of God. The ring itself doesn't mean much. It is, however, a visible reminder to get my mouth and my heart right before the Lord. I pray that others will leave my presence feeling encouraged, not discouraged. This past week, as I have been doing my studies and attending church....encouragement has been a common theme.

Encourage= to inspire with courage, spirit, or hope; to spur on

I need encouragement. I thrive when I am encouraged. I mean, who doesn't?? I strive to be better about "spurring others on." I told myself that I was going to find ways to encourage others. I must tell you that if you are reading this- you are an encouragement to me. You have encouraged me, just by stopping by. Maybe you can find one way to encourage someone else today??

If you made it through this entire (randomscatterbrainedcrazyallovertheplace) post, I thank you. And now...let me leave you with a word of encouragement....

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching." -Hebrews 10:24-25


4 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law bought me a bracelet for Christmas with "Trust In The Lord" Prov. 3:5 on it, whenever I'm having a tough day I look at my wrist and it helps me through my day.

    Now I'm going to have to try this fabulous toothpaste you found hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool!! :) I could use a "trust" reminder, too! :) Yes...you will love the toothpaste! HA!! Kisses to that little sweetie.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan was making a Target run, so I added this to his list, and I love it! I noticed about 2 hours after brushing that my breath still felt minty fresh!

    I've been blog stalking for a few weeks now, so I thought it was about time I post a comment. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I am often encouraged by your posts, and love that the Lord is doing such great things in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Jen!! I am so glad that the toothpaste didn't disappoint! :) Thank you so much for checking out the blog! It's always so cool to me to find out that people actually read it! Seeing this comment from you made my day. Thank you! How's that little cutie?! It's been forever since we've seen you guys. We should try to hook up one of these days. Thank you for posting a comment. It means A LOT to me......

    ReplyDelete