Thursday, January 14, 2010

Leah & Her (Crazy-Good) Pancakes...

Have I mentioned to you before that I have a famous friend? Yep, it's true. Her name is Leah O'Brien Amico and she is a three-time Olympic gold medalist! She was on the USA Softball team in 1996, 2000, and 2004. Leah is an amazing Christian woman, wife, and mother to three boys. Leah is one of my very best friends. I respect and admire her immensely. You can check out Leah's blog at www.leah20.blogspot.com. You will be blessed by her godly insight and wisdom. I am humbled by her daily. Leah travels all over the U.S.- speaking to and encouraging young athletes, coaches, etc.. Leah is a co-host on a TV show called More Than Conquerors. Leah home schools, plays soccer on Friday nights, serves at our church, and the list goes on. I could sit here all day and tell of her accolades! The best part about Leah is that she is real. She's authentic. Leah makes you want to grow up to be just like her.

So, Leah kept telling me about these pancakes and...."You just have to try them! They are sooo good. They totally fill you up and they're healthy!" She got the recipe from the Eating For Life cookbook and she actually has the recipe on her blog. I asked her for permission to share the recipe with you on here. I made the pancakes yesterday. Guess what? She didn't lie (she would never do that!). They are delicious! They totally filled me up! They are healthy! Enjoy!!

Golden Pancakes:

1 cup uncooked whole-grain oats (non-instant)
6 egg whites
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 packets sugar substitute

Directions: Lightly coat griddle with cooking spray;
place over medium heat.
In a blender, combine oats, egg whites, cottage cheese,
vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar substitute. Blend on medium
speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
Pour batter (about 1/4 cup at a time) and cook until bubbly
on top and dry around edges (about 3 min), then flip
and cook about 2 more minutes.

*Using sugar free syrup is recommended. Also, I calculated the calories...and each pancake came out to 42 calories! Not bad....not bad at all. (My batch made 14 pancakes and that is how I got the calorie count!)

-To know Leah is to love her. To eat her pancakes is to love 'em.-

1 comment:

  1. These pancakes are so good! Everyone must try them! Thanks for all your kind words- I don't know that I'm worthy though. I love that we have the bond of Jesus and we get to talk about all the fun stuff God is teaching us all the time! I am so thankful for your friendship! We walk our faith out and I'm glad you're one of the people walking beside me!

    ReplyDelete