Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals....Growth...and God.....

I am not big on making resolutions...and I don't tend to be a goal setter! Part of me wishes I was (were?) more ambitious! However, I do have a goal (or two) for this year. As I mentioned in my previous post...I was shopping at the darling Christian bookstore in Arrowhead a few days ago. As I was checking out, I found an adorable, little ring that I "just had to have!" On the ring is a Scripture....Psalm 19:14: May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. This is a goal of mine for the year. The past few weeks have been crazy, and my mouth and my meditation have NOT been focused on my Lord. I woke up early today (another goal for this year) to spend time with the Lord and as I was working on my Bible study, one of the verses we were to look up was Psalm 19:14. I love it when the Lord works this way in my life....with re-occurring Scripture(s). It's obvious that He wants my mouth and my heart devoted to Him. I pray that I will grow closer to my Rock in 2010. I pray the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment