Friday, September 18, 2009

Is It "H.A.?"


H.A.= Hudson Approved



Correct me if I am wrong, but (I thought) I gave birth to two boys. Two boys who are NOT supposed to care about what they wear (That's a girl thing, isn't it?). I don't remember Bryson giving me grief over clothing choices at age three. Maybe I have just blocked the bad memories? Well....it seems that "the little one" wants to battle with his mama....everyday! I am so exhausted. Everyday, I pick out a shirt and shorts for Hudson to wear....and everyday we go through about three outfits, before he will "agree" to wear something I have pulled out for him. The end result is usually a kicking, screaming fit...on the floor. I begin to threaten things like, "Okay....mommy's leaving and if you don't put your clothes on...then you will have to stay here." I will start to walk out of the room, which results in even more screaming and crying. These are the types of things Hudson tells me about the shirts I pick out for him:

"It's too silly."

"It's too cold."

"It's too hot."

"I don't like poly's and this has a poly."
(A "poly" is a polo, and if it "has a poly"...that means it has a collar.)

And....drumroll, please.....

"It's too dirty!"
(This was said while we were at Target, picking out NEW shirts...and I showed him this cool, Tonka shirt...that said...'I love dirt'...and had a picture of a tractor on it!)

The kid kills me. He really kills me.
So, we have spent the past few days going from store to store....looking together for shirts that Hudson likes (and that mommy will "allow"). We have found about four so far...which is a miracle. Anyhow....I will be doing a lot more laundry around here (as I will have to continuously wash the ones we've purchased)....but we should have alleviated the tantrums and daily battles. Onto the next battle.....the shorts and the shoes....to match the new shirts!

P.S. Praise God....Bryson has to wear a uniform to school!


1 comment:

  1. It must be the second born syndrome! Drew also cares about clothes- loves getting new clothes lately- wants to wear jeans in 100 degree weather and long sleeves because it's cool to wear! They must want to be grown up- choosing what they wear! Jake never did this either.

    ReplyDelete