Monday, March 29, 2010

Fun With Friends....In The Snow!

Our friends (the Green's) asked us to join them for a fun weekend in Green Valley Lake. Their son, Nathan, is one of Bryson's best friends! The boys were in the same Kinder class together and now they are together again...in first grade! The Green's go to church with us and Michele (the mommy) and I are in Bible study together. Our friendship sparked last summer, and it's been really cool to get to know them!! We go to lunch with the Green's just about every Sunday after church and the kids all have a blast playing together while the adults chat! Nathan turns eight this week, so the trip was a fun way to help celebrate his birthday!

This past weekend, we stayed at the cabin together...and ate, relaxed, went tubing at Big Bear's Snow Play, sat by the fire, read, had pizza at a great, little place in Big Bear, sang to the cute birthday boy, stopped for a malt at a tiny malt shop in Green Valley Lake, went sledding, practiced snowboarding....and the list goes on. We had such a blast and it was over too quickly!!



This picture looks like a CD cover to me. Not sure why...??

Michele and Emma....

...going up the escalator with my boy!

...waiting in line....to go down!

This was such a fun day....as a family and with friends!!

Josh and I are plotting to steal this one and bring her home!

Bryson went down the slope and didn't get a chance to move out of the way, before Josh sent Hudson and I down. Hudson and I crashed right into B, and we all flew out of our tubes. I landed on top of Hudson and B was okay, but shaken up. His face got scraped up and I think the wind got knocked out of Hudson....but overall, we were okay. Thank God.

Bryson felt like it was his fault, for not moving out of the way. He was sad for a little while...

...Emma all cute and smiley and Hudson...still upset from the crash!

Happy again...and taking a breather!

Nathan had tons of fun!

Mommy and her boys!

Our happy family!

Hudson found a huge pine cone!

And the next day.....

My boys, making the trek to the top of the hill!

Nathan....and the cabin (in the background)!!

...my feeble attempt at being artsy!

100% pure cuteness!

This boy loves "all things snow."

....getting ready for a run down the hill.....

....love me a man who can board!

Poor Michele....getting her jeans all wet....but making good on her promise to build a snowman!

I want to snack on those cheeks...

A snow-girl!

Emma and the snowman.....

I didn't take any snow gear for myself, so I wore Josh's shoes. My tennis shoes were still soaked through from tubing the day before.....

...the birthday boy on his board!

Josh went sledding with Emma and Hudson....

Smile for mom!

....it was very bright out!....and B is sportin' his wound from our crash the day before!

....love those lashes!

B had a blast!!

(I am feeling really bad that there are no pics of Steve on here! He helped Bryson snowboard and he helped with the snowman...and I didn't get any close ups of him! Sorry, Steve! He doesn't like to be the center of attention, so I am sure he won't be heartbroken....but still....)




3 comments:

  1. Great pics and looks like a lot of fun! Always great when you can be with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Picts Kristi, The one with Emma in that blue tube is precious. I think I really need that one. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVE the one of Nathan on the tube in his beanie. Soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete