Saturday, September 18, 2010

au naturale

the little menashe's are going au naturale.

yep...believe it or not (i still can't)....but my kids will be eating 100% natural foods come tuesday.

call it behavior modification, with the added bonus of eating healthier.

i went through my pantry and fridge today (still have to do the freezer) and i got rid of tons of stuff. don't worry....i am not wasting a bunch of food. i have invited friends to "shop" in my kitchen, and whatever they don't take will be donated to our church.

i keep opening my refrigerator...just because it looks so clean and organized!

and...guess what else???

i am now making my own bread. yep, you can call me susie (as in little susie homemaker)! the second loaf is going right now...and my first came out perfectly. the boys love it, and i figured i'd get a jump start on their new diet by making a few loaves tonight.

well, you may be laughing (when you remember whose blog you're reading)....
you may be rolling your eyes....
or
you may just happen to be supportive of such a thing.

there have been some behavioral issues going on lately, which have caused me to pray and really seek the Lord on how to deal with it/them. for now- this is what our family has decided to do. i will continue to pray, as well.

my friend, theresa, has been a huge help to me.
she drove me to whole foods, and she gave me her bread recipes.
she lent me her "diet" book...that tells me every food i can buy for the boys.

i am so thankful for friends who are willing to help.
i am thankful for new beginnings.
i am thankful for my boys.
i am thankful for a supportive husband.
i am thankful for clean cupboards!
i am thankful for my amazing friends.....many of which know the exact frustrations and challenges going on over here....who call me and ask if they can pray with me!
i am thankful for a sovereign God.

aaahhhh....
and i am thankful that the boys are going to bed and i can jump in the tub with my book!








4 comments:

  1. ooooooooo we need to talk! I've been thinking about this for Landen. I just don't know where to start. I'm inviting myself over:)Or I'll follow you around Whole Foods one day. Share please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Yes...come on over! I am still learning a lot, but we will be following the Feingold Program (you can google it, if you haven't heard of it). I have a friend who has helped me a lot, and she has been an amazing resource. You're welcome to come over anytime, and I can show you what I have! Most of my friends think I'm nuts! :) Also....I was thinking about you, and wanted to tell you that on 10/4, the group that meets at my house for Bible study is starting a Beth Moore study on Paul. Email me if you want, and I'll give you my cell # so we can chat. My email is: 2boys2love@gmail.com. Hope to chat with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO proud of you!! you are not at all crazy!! Even if its not what works in the end its a GREAT way to eat and I think you will notice a big change after a while :) :) yay for you!!!! ALWAYS let me know if you need ANYTHING!!! :) :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, T!!!! You're the best and you're an answer to prayer!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete