Monday, February 15, 2010

I Heart My Family....

Josh and I got to celebrate Valentine's Day (alone...sans kids....just the two of us) on Friday night. My parents kept the boys overnight, so that Josh and I could enjoy a night out! We enjoyed a WONDERFUL dinner at Ruth's Chris, courtesy of our State Farm agent (it pays to refer!)! After dinner, we went to the movies to see....Valentine's Day, of course!

Anyhow, celebrating early was nice....in the sense that we could focus on "family" all day on Valentine's Day. We went to church, and then to Wahoo's for lunch with our church friends. After that, it was off to Cool Cuts...to get the boys' hair cuts! What's better, after a good cut, than a large cup of fro yo?? I can't think of anything! We got some yummy yogurt, came home and changed into cooler clothes....and headed to the park for some fun in the sun.

Good, quality, family time is often hard to come by for us. Given Josh's long work days, and the boys' early bedtimes, there's often not lots of time to just "play." It seems that every weekend, we have a birthday party/etc. to attend....so rarely do we get a whole day to spend together- just the four of us!! I love my family, I am thankful for our super fun day together...and I am beyond blessed!! (What did your family do to celebrate?)





No comments:

Post a Comment