Thursday, May 13, 2010

runnin'

so, i have this friend....and she is constantly finding stray dogs. she has three dogs herself, and i believe two of hers were "found." anyway- she's like the girl cesar millan! she just loves dogs and she's good with them. i mean, real good. they run to her, and she houses them until they:
a) find the owner or b) are found a new home.

i, on the other hand, have now pulled over two times (within the last few months)....to try to catch strays. they won't come to me. they run from me. i bend down, whip out the sweet, little doggy voice....and say....here, puppy, puppy.....come here....it's okay....
and the dogs give a quick glance before they dart off.

the other day, i started thinking about how we do this with God. in times of crisis (we're lost, we can't find our way, something's about to "hit" us, etc.)....

do we run TO Him?

or

do we run away FROM Him?
(that is the question)


hmm.....i'll be honest and say that in the past, i've done both. i currently have some crises (who doesn't?) and i am choosing to run TO my Lord.


the bible has lots to say about this, and i pray that these verses will help bring some encouragement your way.

God tells us that He will:

*never leave us*

"be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
-joshua 1:9-

*never forsake us*

"...so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you."
-joshua 1:5b-

"...for He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you..."
-heb. 13:5-

* provide for us*

"therefore, do not worry, saying, 'what shall we eat?' or 'what shall we drink?' or 'what shall we wear?'...for after all these things the gentiles seek. for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things."
-matthew 6:31-32-

"do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
-matthew 6:34-

*carry our burdens*

..."casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
-1 peter 5:7-

"come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
-matt. 11:28-30-

*refine us through trials*

"my brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. but let patience have its perfect work, that you may perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
-james 1:2-4-

*give us supernatural strength*

..."My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. therefore most gladly i will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. therefore i take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. for when i am weak, then i am strong."
-2 cor. 12:8-10-

"i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
-phil. 4:13-

*be our comfort*

"I, even I, am He who comforts you. who are you that you should be afraid?..."
-isaiah 51:12-

"'comfort, yes, comfort My people'...says your God."
-isaiah 40:1-

*be our shield*

"He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler."
-psalm 91:4-

*bring us joy after sorrow*

"...weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."
-psalm 30:5b-

"those who sow in tears shall reap in joy."
-psalm 126:5-


...i don't know what you have on your plate right now, but know that you have a choice. where will you run? will you run TO Jesus, or FROM Him??....He can be your Everything, if you'll let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment