Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Lost "Art"


I have a Borders Rewards card/account and I receive coupons nearly every week! If you don't already have one, I highly recommend you sign up for one! It's FREE and easy (as opposed to Barnes & Noble... They charge to be a part of their "club!") Anyhow, I love going to "the bookstore!" It doesn't really matter which one! I love them all! I lugged my children to Borders last week...and I searched high and low for the perfect book on grammar, punctuation, and writing. I do believe(and I apologize for offending anyone) that correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation are a thing of the past! (It is mye deezire, that mye:; blogg have no errorz on! it. I trye reely hard, to make sure? i chek bak ovur mye" posts...surching for typoes.) Okay- back to the point. What was it again? Oh...yeah....I perused (fancy word, huh?) at least six books, one of which I remember having back in college! Oh, how I wish I could find it (in the 'black abyss' that is my garage)!! Some of the books I looked through were as much as $57.95, and the one pictured(which is the one I wound up with) was a mere $7.95. Lucky for me....I had my 40% off coupon....and my grand total was (drumroll, please) $5.19. This book is concise (another fancy word) and packed full of helpful writing information. The back of the book even contains a list of "1001 Frequently Misspelled Words!" I plan to use this book, to help in my blogging. Now- don't go correcting me yet! I haven't had a chance to actually read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment