Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"PUSH"

I hadn't heard the term "PUSH" up until a week ago. The novel I was reading taught me what it meant and then, randomly (or not-so-randomly), the next day...I received an email from a friend and the email was about "PUSH"ing.

P= Pray
U= Until
S= Something
H= Happens

In the book I was reading, a family needed a miracle (in regards to finances) and they prayed...nonstop....'round the clock....until something happened. They told friends and family of their need and asked them to join in prayer. I was so inspired by reading about this type of prayer. I would hope that if I had an immediate prayer request, I could call upon my dear family and friends to pray....until something happened! I am 'over blessed' (as my pastor would say) to have lots of people that I can call upon in times of need. Now...this type of prayer is meant to be nonstop. In the book, many people gathered in an old theater and prayed for nearly 24 hours straight. Some people stayed the whole time, while others came and went as they needed to. I know there is tremendous power in prayer. I have witnessed miracles and heard of hundreds of others. I know that we can't always PUSH. But...are you hoping for a miracle? Are you waiting for test results? Are you needing a clear and direct answer from the Lord? If so, maybe you should pray...until something happens!

..."The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
-James 5:16

"...Pray without ceasing..."
-1 Tim. 5:17

**Have you ever PUSHed before?? If so, please increase my faith by telling me about it!**

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Loved it when you shared it with me and love that you shared it on here! If we could see in the spiritual realm, I don't think we would ever stop praying!!!! It's a great reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete