Friday, November 27, 2009

A Happy Thanksgiving.....

Thanksgiving was an awesome day! I started the day at 5:30 a.m. (a bit too early) and got ready to drive down to Dana Point for their annual Turkey Trot. My sister, my friend (Jana), and I ran the 5K. Jana is becoming a pro at this running thing and even competed in her first 1/2 marathon about six weeks ago! Kelly has run in many 5K's before and this was my third. It was a beautiful morning and there were thousands of people running (in either the 10K or the 5K). Kelly and I weren't trying to "win" anything, but Jana was trying to beat her own record (which she successfully did)! Kel and I jogged a good portion of the 5K, but did walk some of it, too! It was a really great time together, enjoying our friendships and the gorgeous day that the Lord had blessed us with. After the run, we headed home and got ready to go to my parents house for our Thanksgiving celebration! There was a large group of us....and we had AMAZING food and tons of fun together! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard that I began to cry...but I did it last night! The Lord blessed me with a family full of amazing cooks! We feasted, joked around, played games, celebrated my dad's birthday by singing to him, and planned for our upcoming trip together. On our way home from my parents, I got to read a "love note" from my hubby. He wrote me a very special letter and saved it for me all day! I am so very blessed. I pray that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!!


Can you believe that I forgot to take a picture of all of the amazing food?!
Here's my hubby....who washed ALL of the dishes for us! It took him over an hour!

My cousin, Kari, and her incredibly cute daughter...Madison!

Me and my pretty sissy, Kelly!

My cousin, Kym, and my (92 yr. old!) Grandma Margaret!!

My CUTE parents (and the gracious hosts!)!!

Bryson and Sammy (my cousin's son)...These two are "twinners" with their glasses and missing front teeth!

Hudson was content watching TV on Mimi and Papa's bed!

Peytie found Mimi's weights and was carrying them around, saying, "So strong!"

A big group of us played Apples To Apples!

Hudson gettin' his jammies on!!

My handsome hubby and I....

Psalm 100:

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with loyal songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
we are the people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations.


*Disclaimer: Two of my pictures are not centered! I have tried to fix them, but nothing I try is working! Forgive me for my layout!*

No comments:

Post a Comment