Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stop And Smell The Roses



Isn't this so gorgeous?? It smells divine, too!

I did not inherit the 'green thumb' gene from my mother.
I wish I had. Everything I try to keep alive (aside from children and pets)...dies on me. Well, I suppose it's my fault...since I don't feed my plants and flowers. Anyhow, I LOVE roses....and we have them in our front yard. They are overgrown and I do not know how to care for them. Once a year, we (and by "we" I mean Josh) hack them down/back and they shoot back up again. I know there is a proper way to prune them, but I have never done it properly. The roses are only alive because of our sprinkler system and the Lord! We have a variety of roses and about seven amazing shades and colors. Our roses are bright orange, hot pink, light pink, pale yellow, deep red, white, and bright red. Every couple of days, I go outside and cut fresh roses. I bring them inside and it's amazing how a simple vase with fresh flowers brings such joy to me. I am reminded that though I don't know how to care for my roses properly....the Lord still gives me the gift of them. It's a miracle, really. They grow year round and I never lack them. Call me cheesy, but I look at them...(and today, Hudson and I stopped to smell them)....and I thank God for them. I thank Him for caring about the small things. I thank Him for His gifts.


There's nothing like a bouquet from your True Love! Thank You, Lord....for loving me enough to bring me flowers...and for reminding me of Your beauty.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...."
-James 1:17-

No comments:

Post a Comment