Monday, November 30, 2009

Redeeming Love


Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers

If you are a reader, you will absolutely LOVE this book! If you are NOT a reader, you will absolutely LOVE this book! I read it about 13 years ago and recently decided to purchase another copy, so that I could read it again. I can't seem to find my original copy (it must be in the abyss)! Anyhow, I had a coupon (I never go to a book store without one) and I got my second copy. Right after I purchased it, my mom decided to become a reader. I was so thrilled that I just had to let her borrow my favorite book of all time! She devoured it! Meanwhile, my sister and aunt decided they really wanted to read it. So....I lent it out to both of them. I just got it back and another friend wants to borrow it. One of these days, I will keep it long enough to read it again (and until then, I will try not to be selfish). Around the same time that I bought RL, I convinced two other friends to buy it, too! One of them wasn't a reader....but she listened to me anyway. She LOVED Redeeming Love! She (Tanya) has since started plowing through many other books (and even thanked me for "making" her buy it!) and she has lent me copies of a series that I am loving (I can't put them down)!! My lovely friend (Leah) is reading her own copy of Redeeming Love....and she is (you guessed it) loving it! She can't put it down (yes, it's that good) and her hubby even joked about it, because she was reading it on their way to church! The book is soooo good that I'll buy your copy from you, if you purchase it and don't like it (If you're a dude, this offer is not for you)! Have I piqued your curiosity?! Run (don't walk) to Borders (with a coupon) and snatch up your copy! Or, you can borrow mine....if you must! My cousin gave me the bright idea of passing it around and having everyone who reads the book sign their name in it! Oh, sorry.....are you wondering what it's about?! Here you go....

California's gold country, 1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep.
Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside.
Then she meets Michael Hosea. A man who seeks his Father's heart in everything, Michael obeys God's call to marry Angel and to love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel's every bitter expectation, until despite her resistance, her frozen heart begins to thaw.
But with her unexpected softening come overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband's pursuing love, terrified of the truth she no longer can deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael does...the One who will never let her go.

A powerful retelling of the book of Hosea, Redeeming Love is a life-changing story of God's unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love.

WARNING: You will get nothing else accomplished during the reading of this book.

(One more thing: I am not big on historical fiction....but I am big on this story! Even if historical fiction is not your "thing" either....please trust me.....!)

No comments:

Post a Comment