Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Fresh Place To Shop (for hummus)!

This morning, I decided that hummus sounded good.  I don't know why, and I will agree that it's a strange craving (especially since I have only recently discovered that I actually like it).  Anyway, I could have sworn I'd bought some the other night, but I searched high and low for it today....and couldn't find it anywhere!  

After picking Bryson up from school, the boys and I stopped by the new Fresh & Easy.  I knew they'd have my hummus!  It was probably a bad idea to go in when I was hungry, because I wound up with a lot more than hummus! Anyway, if you have not visited a local Fresh & Easy, I suggest you do so.  Now, I may not be hard to please, and the store is by no means fancy...BUT...it is neat and clean, the employees are friendly, and they have some very "fresh" choices (that are "easy" to grab and go)!  

The boys were given "free samples" of juice, crackers, and cookies...and boy...did they enjoy those!  The lady handing out the samples also pointed out that several items were steeply discounted, because their expiration dates are/were drawing near.  She gave me some suggestions for freezing those foods, and was very helpful!  

When checking out, you will find that you are responsible for scanning your own items, and every lane is a "self check out."  While this intimidated me (and made my heart race), the boys had an absolute blast helping me!!  One of the employees, who was monitoring the registers, gave the boys some stickers and Fresh & Easy is now one of their favorite stores!  Obviously, they aren't hard to please either!  

Fresh & Easy's motto is: "Budget prices.  Quality you can trust.  Why compromise?"  I couldn't agree more...

**By the way, I found some red pepper hummus, and was not disappointed!  Josh might be when he gets a whiff of my kickin' breath, though!  
**I also got a 4-pack of Activia yogurt for only 62 cents!!  You can't beat that, can you??

No comments:

Post a Comment