Thursday, May 14, 2009

Roses, Prayers, American Idol, And More....

SO.....today is going to be REALLY random....because lots of thoughts are going through my head!   

**My roses are in full bloom!  They are so pretty and I love having fresh flowers in my home. Some vibrant, red ones are sitting on my desk now, and they smell wonderful!  Looking at my pretty roses reminds me of the passage from John 15, where Christ says: "I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Gardener.  He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."  He goes on to say, "I am the Vine, you are the branches.  If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing." Verse 8 says, "This is to My Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples." (John 15:1-2, 5, 8)  How humbling it is to realize that without Christ (and apart from Him), we are nothing!  He is the Gardener, and we are simply His branches.  May we bear fruit and testify to His glory!

**I recently started a prayer jar.  I bought a cute jar, some index cards, and pencils...and this is where I write down all of the prayer requests that I receive from others. Then, when I am able to sit down....I can just pull out the index cards and cover others in prayer.  If you have a request, I would love for you to allow me to lift you up and cover you in prayer!!

**Can you believe that it's down to the final TWO on American Idol???  I can't!!  What will I do with my extra time on Tuesday and Wednesday nights?  Yesterday, I found out that Kris Allen is a Christian, and I wasn't surprised.  Air 1 (a radio station in the Inland Empire- 90.1) interviewed Kris' cousin....who testified to Kris' faith and how he has been quiet/humble about it on the show.  Tim (Kris' cousin) talked about how Danny (Gokey) and Kris didn't need to go out on stage and "preach the gospel"....because they are living it out.  Apparently, Kris has been to Africa and on several missions trips.  His parents bought him a very expensive guitar, as a gift....and Kris took it to Africa, only to return home without it.  When his parents asked what happened to the guitar, Kris said, "They needed it more than I did."  Wow!!  If only we all possessed such giving spirits.  I am praying he wins the competition!!  (Side note: did anyone else get chills when he sang Apologize??  I might have a slight crush.  Josh knows, so you don't need to call him and tell him.)

**My sister recently purchased two tops from Target and they are super cute!  I will try to include a picture.  They are $17.99 and in my opinion, worth every penny!!  Kelly looks like a million bucks in them and I just might have to copy her!  Good thing there are more than two prints to choose from....




Product Image

(For some reason I can't get the picture of the other print she bought!  It's the teal one, though and super cute!!)  

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sister! Thanks for the compliment! You SHOULD go get one! I only saw three prints but you can totally copy me! Have I mentioned how much I heart Target??? PS...now I am hungry for hummus! Ha!

    ReplyDelete